Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Persona Poem

  

A Difference of Generations

I am not troublemaker.
I am not an idiot.
What you call my 'rebellious phase' 
I call suddenly finding my voice
I won't collapse in agony with out an iPhone,
but even if I do,why does it matter?
Let me relish in the trends of my youth.
"oh I lived with out internet"
Yeah and? you're parents lived with the polio vaccination,
but I doubt you'll be giving that up anytime soon.
And if my generation does fail,
it will be because of World War III
or a deadly disease spreading.
All due to our elder's mistakes.
Not because of selfies and trap music.
So what if don't 'go steady'?
Why do you care about hook-up and never talk again?
What's your problem?
Are you jealous?
Do you envy that to call my crush,
I don't have to deal with an awkward pre-conversation with their parents?
You had big hair and hammer pants.
I have skinny jeans and smart phones.
Don't steal my youth from me,
let these be the best,most unique years of my life.
So why don't you just grow up and leave the 2oth century where it belongs.



                                                                                                 -a.d


No comments:

Post a Comment