Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Egotistical Poem



I'm a feminist.
I don't burn my bra,
or hate men.
I just want equality for everyone 
on the big ol' spectrum of gender.
I've been a feminist since before I even knew what feminism was.
I played football with boys 
and hopscotch with girls.
I played with Barbies and Hot Wheels,
because f*** gender roles.
I yell at misogynists 
and misandrists. 
I correct my dad when he yells at my baby brother 
to "stop crying like a girl",
because everyone cries.
I'm a feminist because boys think the worst insult is 
to be compared to the same thing they were pushed out of.


                                                                                        -a.d
                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment